Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Lemon sorbet:
Boil the water with the sugar and the peel of a lemon (the untreated one). Boil for about 15 minutes until a syrup is formed. Strain well from the peel and then leave it to cool. , then whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt. When the syrup has cooled, mix it with the lemon juice and slowly with the egg whites. Put it in the freezer for about 5 hours. From hour to hour, remove and mix well.
It is one of my favorite recipes in the dessert category. Light, with a unique mix of tastes, she is one of the stars of the menu at the Joseph restaurant. I invite you to try it and you to prepare it. Your loved ones will love you!
20 g powdered sugar
50 g flour
40 g butter
1 egg yolk
Preparation: Beat the powdered sugar with the butter, add the egg yolk, flour and knead well. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Place in the preheated oven and bake at 160 degrees for 20 minutes.
Ingredients for lemon cream:
30 g sugar
25 g of lemon juice
60 g butter
2 g gelatin
Preparation: Strain the sugar, egg and lemon juice into a blender. Add the gelatin, then gradually add the chopped butter. Pour the cream into tart tins and refrigerate. Garnish with seasonal fruit and raspberry sorbet.
Lemon sauce for fish and other vegetables
I received the recipe from Tătaru, who learned it from a great chef, via the internet. I did it and it came out first. From where I deduced that you can also learn things from the internet, if you are a little careful. For this sauce you need (as a tool, I mean) a blender with a cup and a vegetable peeler or a peeler. I'm afraid that an ordinary vertical blender won't do the job, due to too low a speed. It might work, though. Try. Lose some lemon peel and a little olive oil.
Things start like this: wash 5-6 lemons well and peel them. All you need is the yellow part, not the white part.
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan or saucepan. Put the lemon peels in boiling water and leave them there for a minute and a half or two. Drain the water from the shells. Repeat this operation 5-6 times. It is important for two reasons: lemon peel loses its bitter taste and the wax disappears from the surface of the peel. Caution: put the peel in water only when it starts to boil.
Put the lemon peels in the blender jar. Pour over them 50 milliliters of oil, 50 milliliters of water. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar.
Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the bowl.
Turn on the blender, first on low speed and, after 20-30 seconds, on high speed. Let it run for a minute and a half or two at high speed (I admit, if I didn't wake up one day with Vitamix at the door, I wouldn't try the recipe at home too quickly).
The sauce is ready, perfectly emulsified, fine, aromatic.
Of course, it can be made of oranges, mandarins, mince, clementines, lime.
Is it mandatory to sift it? No, but it helps.
Due to the mechanical work, the sauce will be hot. Lukewarm. Put it in a well-covered bowl in the refrigerator. It stays like this, stable and homogeneous, for two days (maybe even longer, but I didn't keep it for more than two days).
It is good with asparagus (which, by the way, in Romanian is asparagus, not asparagus, in Romanian, asparagus is another plant).
It is, of course, good with fish, duck, in combination with fruits or steamed vegetables. That's about it for today. Stay healthy.
Ingredients Lemon ice cream
- 3 lemons, grated peel and juice
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 yolk
- 75 grams of butter
- 200 grams of sugar
- 300 grams of fatty yogurt (minimum 3.5%, ideally the Greek one, with 10% fat)
- 300 ml. whipped cream
How to prepare lemon ice cream
Lemon curd base
The basic cream for this lemon ice cream it's a lemon curd, a citrus cream with a very lively taste. The principle is about the same as at Dutch sauce. Lemon juice, eggs and butter cook over very low heat until it thickens and not a second longer!
1. So, the lemons are scraped off the yellow peel, then squeezed from the juice, collecting everything in a saucepan.
2. In the same saucepan add the sugar, whole eggs and egg yolk, as well as the soft butter cut into pieces.
3. Put the pan on low heat and beat with a pear-shaped target constantly. Insist on the bottom of the pan because it is not at all desirable to catch. As soon as the lemon curd cream becomes homogeneous and coagulated, remove from the heat and beat for another 2-3 minutes until cool. Pass through a sieve, as recommended for any egg-based creams, to get rid of any lumps. Collect in a clean bowl and allow to cool completely before continuing.
Preparation of ice cream
4. After the lemon curd cream has cooled completely, add the yogurt, be careful, it should be a quality yogurt, creamy and without whey. Homogenize the cream perfectly with the yogurt.
5. Separately, whip the whipped cream without insisting too much. As soon as it catches a little consistency it will be beaten enough. Be careful, whipped cream must be very cold when beaten, otherwise it can be separated into butter and whey. Add the yogurt and lemon cream over the whipped cream and mix gently, with a spatula and ready, this is the basic cream for lemon ice cream!
Freezing the base cream
To get lemon ice cream, you can proceed in two different ways.
- The basic cream for lemon ice cream is poured into a bowl with a lid and put in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Every 30 minutes, to prevent the formation of ice crystals, stir vigorously. Continue until it has the desired consistency.
- The ideal solution, which I also applied, involves an ice cream machine, simple and inexpensive. Its container must be left in the freezer overnight (minimum 12 hours). Then, the basic cream for lemon ice cream is poured into the machine and will be ready in 25-30 minutes.
Lemon ice cream & # 8211 serving
As I expected, this lemon ice cream has topped the list of our favorites. It's a real celebration on a hot day! I added lemon curd or candied lemon peel in cups, great in both variants!
Not to die of appetite, I refuse to think how well it would match the strawberry or raspberry ice cream. Mmmm & # 8230
Later edit: in the meantime, I found out the name of the beautiful blonde from the show I saw, her name is Rachel Allen.
How to prepare the cake with lemon cream
The worktop is very easy to prepare. Mix whole eggs with sugar and a little salt until the composition triples in volume (about 10 minutes with a hand mixer). Add the oil and lemon peel, then gently incorporate the flour, mixed with the baking powder.
Cover a 23 & 30530 cm tray with baking paper and transfer the composition, leveling it slightly. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 ° C.
Leave it to cool on a grill, then cut off its edges.
Meanwhile, prepare the cream. In a saucepan, mix the egg well with the sugar and starch. Pour the hot milk, put the pot on the fire and simmer. When it boils two, the cream is ready, the starch boils instantly. Don't forget to stir constantly so it doesn't stick.
Stir in the lemon juice and peel.
Immediately move the cream in a ceramic or glass bowl (it will cool faster) and cover the surface with plastic wrap, so it will not peel on top.
While the cream cools, mix the butter butter in a larger bowl and prepare the syrup. All you have to do is heat the water with the sugar until it dissolves, turn off the heat and add the lemon juice and peel.
Then incorporate two tablespoons of cream into the well-foamed butter and mix well until incorporated. Continue like this until you finish the rest of the cream.
Now you can assemble the cake. Cut the top in half and syrup the first piece with half of the syrup and spread three quarters of the cream.
Cover with the other top, syrup it with the rest of the syrup and spread the remaining cream. Let the cake cool for 30-40 minutes, then cut it and decorate it with melted white chocolate together with the oil and turmeric.
For decoration I used a bag, cut a little at one corner.
Keep the lemon cream cake cold until ready to serve. Good appetite!